As a rule, when paying for the goods and services and conducting other debit transactions, the Bank blocks (deducts from the available funds) the money equal to the transaction amount. Subsequently, when the financial/supporting record is received with regards to the conducted transaction, the Bank shall debit the money from the account. At the same time, the blocked amount will be unblocked. The time between the blocking and debiting generally varies between several hours and several days. If an amount is blocked for more than 5 days, you can contact the Call Center at 7711 or a Bank branch. The transaction amount is sometimes debited from the account, but is not unblocked. In this case, please contact your Bank to have the amount unblocked.
The multicurrency card is associated with several accounts in different currencies. Initially, the multicurrency card is issued in the three currencies: KZT, USD, and EUR. It is allowed to add up to 21 hard currency accounts. A multicurrency card can be used to conduct transactions in the required currency at any place of the world without any conversion. The main advantages of the multicurrency card are:
• Ease of use. You are not required to have your hard currency converted by a bank or exchanges, as this can be done through the Jýsan mobile application.
• Conversion savings. The fact that your card is associated with several accounts at the same time allows you to debit cash from an account in a currency matching the transaction currency, without any conversion. If your card is a standard one, then the conversion would be required, when the currencies are different, at the cashless purchase/sale exchange rate established by the Bank as of the time of receipt of the financial record.
When conducting a transaction using a multicurrency card, the transaction amount is blocked on the account in the hard currency matching the transaction currency. If the balance available on such account is insufficient, then the difference shall be debited/ transferred from the other accounts associated with the card and at the same time the conversion shall be conducted at the exchange rate established by the Bank as of the time of receipt of the financial record.
When conducting a transaction with a payment card the Bank generally blocks an amount on a certain hard currency account, subject to the following criteria:
- if the transaction currency matches the currency of one of the accounts associated with your multicurrency card, then the amount shall be blocked in the same currency, provided that there are funds on such account. That means that when conducting a transaction in USD, the relevant amount shall be blocked on the dollar account; if a transaction is conducted in KZT, the amount will be blocked on the Tenge account, etc.;
- if the transaction currency does not match the currency of any account associated with your card, then the amount will be blocked on the Main Currency account. KZT is deemed to be the Main Currency.
As a rule, at the time of the transaction, the amount is initially blocked on your card account. It is debited from the account once the Bank receives the relevant financial document/ record. The period between the blocking and final debiting of the amount varies between several minutes and several days. If the transaction is conducted in a foreign currency and the payment is made from your KZT account, the debited amount can differ from the blocked one.
This may be due to a change in the hard currency exchange rate occurred during the period from the blocking time to the time of receipt of the financial document.
You can find out the balance available on your multicurrency card from the Jýsan mobile application. In addition, the price and the currency of your purchase, as well as the total balance in Tenge available on all your accounts, at the current exchange rate established by the Bank, are also specified in the SMS/ Push notifications.
If you return a good/ service, the seller shall, at the time when such return is executed, issue a relevant slip to you.
If the goods/services are returned for the entire transaction amount, the amount shall be refunded to your account in full within several days.
If you initiate a partial return, then the statement will specify as follows:
- refunding of the entire transaction amount,
- another debiting less the amount refunded.
Please visit a Jýsan Bank branch to fill in the Chargeback Application form.
To execute money transfer transactions to Kazakhstani payment cards, the Bank offers you the two ways: an ATM or the Jýsan mobile application. To transfer money through an ATM, please insert your payment card you intend to transfer the money from into the ATM, select the "Transfer" option, enter the full card number the money will be transferred to, and the amount.
The card-to-card transfers through the Jýsan mobile application are available in the "Transfer" Section: using a card number (including money transfers to cards issued by other Kazakhstani banks), using a telephone number (to a card of a client of our Bank), between your own accounts with the Bank, and via the Fast Payment System.
Yes, certainly. An unembossed card gives the same rights and financial functional as an embossed one,
and is the same payment instrument as an embossed one.
If money is transferred to an unembossed payment card and it is required to enter the recipient's name and surname, then you should enter the unembossed card holder's name and surname using Latin characters.
Pursuant to the laws of the RoK, if an account is under attachment, debit transactions are prohibited. Partial withdrawals from the account are possible, depending on the type of an attachment.
Please visit a Jýsan Bank branch to fill in the Chargeback Application form.
You can use immediately the funds credited to your payment card: to make a purchase, withdraw cash, except for any transfer transactions. The following rules are applicable to the transfer transactions:
1. If an amount is credited to an account in KZT (Tenge) – the transfer transactions will be available at 08.00 a.m. to 08.00 p.m. every 30 minutes.
2. If an amount is credited to a foreign currency account – the transfer transactions will be available upon receipt of the financial document.
This means that the financial document pertaining to the amount you attempt to transfer, has not been received:
1. If the amount is credited to an account in KZT (Tenge) – the transfer transactions will be available at 08.00 a.m. to 08.00 p.m. every 30 minutes.
2. If the amount is credited to a hard/foreign currency account – the transfer transactions will be available upon receipt of the financial document.
For your information, here some examples are:
- if you receive an amount (money transferred from another bank's account) to your account in KZT (Tenge) at 07.30 p.m., you will be able to transfer the amount beginning from 08.00 p.m.
- if you receive an amount (money transferred from another bank's account) to your account in KZT (Tenge) at 8.30 p.m., you will be able to transfer the amount beginning from 08.00 a.m.
- if you receive an amount (money transferred from another bank's account) to your hard/foreign currency account at 8.30 p.m., the transfer transactions will be available only upon receipt of the relevant financial document.
For more details, please contact the Jýsan Bank Call Center at 7711 (toll free from mobile phones).
The Jýsan mobile application can be used to make a money transfer in the Russian rubles “To a Phone Number in the RF”, subject to the availability of a multicurrency card, to the Russian Federation.